Launch of review study on Ecodesign and Energy Labelling ENTR Lot 1: Professional Refrigeration
The review study is meant to inform the Commission and, if necessary, supply the necessary elements for a revision of the Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/1095 (ecodesign of professional refrigeration products) and Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015/1094 (energy labelling of professional refrigerated storage cabinets). The relevant background documents for this study (preparatory studies, impact assessment, technical studies, guidelines, etc.) are available in the Documents section.
The professional refrigeration products that fall under the requirements include (click here for the figures’ images):
- refrigerated storage cabinets, including full ecodesign and energy labelling requirements for vertical (fig. 1) and undercounter cabinets (fig. 3) as well as information requirements for blast cabinets;
- remote condensing units (fig. 5);
- medium and low temperature (MT & LT) process chillers (fig. 6).
The excluded products from the review are roll in and roll-through cabinets (used with trolleys, fig. 2), saladettes (fig. 4), walk in cold rooms (WICR), etc.
Blast cabinets (cabinets with quick chill/freeze capacity) are excluded from the scope of the energy labelling regulation, but some ecodesign requirements apply.
- Kick-off webinar with stakeholders: 18 February from 09:30 – 11:30.
- Second plenary stakeholder meeting on the interim Phase 1 report: October 2021
- Consultation Forum: March/April 2022
EFCEM/WG2 is following the development of the activities.